How do I train my dog to bark on command? Mark The Bark
As soon as your dog barks, immediately mark the behavior with a command like “speak!”, and reward them with a treat, toy, or praise. If you’re using clicker training, make sure to click as soon as your dog barks.
How do I teach my dog to bark and be quiet on command?
- Cue the barking. Say “speak” or “bark” and play the sound that gets your pup yipping.
- Give a cue. Calmly say “quiet” while you hold out a higher-value toy or treat reward than the one used for getting your dog to speak. (
- Praise your pup’s silence.
- Bump up the training.
How can I get my dog to bark?
How do you train a dog to bark at everything?
- Desensitization. Take a look at what your dog is barking at.
- Use of Commands. Most dogs are very trainable to commands.
- Removal of the Offending Object.
- Anti-Stress Devices.
- Alleviate the Boredom.
- Dog Bark Spray Collar.
- Hire a Professional.