The harness is essential if you have a German Shepherd dog. They help you have better control over your dog when you are taking it out for a walk. It is also much more comfortable than a neck collar (which is known for choking hazards and a cause for laryngeal paralysis).
There are thousands of dog harnesses out there. To help you make a good choice, we will talk about the best harness for German Shepherds.
How To Choose The Best Harness For German Shepherd Dog
While looking for the perfect harness, you need to ensure that your dog feels comfortable wearing it. So it has to be the right size and shape. Measure the circumference of your dog’s rib cage, and find a harness that matches the measurement of the dog’s rib cage.
This way, the dog will feel at ease and not feel choked. It must also be a no-pull harness, meaning the dog will not feel too much pressure under the arms, where the harness belt goes through.
Without further ado, here are the ten best harnesses for German Shepherds.
This page contains affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases which means I receive a small commission when you make a purchase, at zero cost to you.
With 2 Leash Clips, Adjustable Soft Padded Dog Vest, Reflective No-Choke Pet Oxford Vest with Easy Control Handle
Front Clip Leash Adhesion Reflective K9 Pet Working Vest Easy Control
Reflective and Padded Harness for Training and Everyday Use
With 2x Metal Buckle, Dog Walking Training MOLLE Vest with Handle, No-Pull Front Leash Clip, Hook and Loop for Dog Patch
Step in Reflective Dog Harness with Front Clip and Easy Control Handle for Walking, Training & Running
No Pull Pet Harness With Dog Collar, Adjustable Reflective Oxford Outdoor Vest, Front/Back Leash Clips, Easy Control Handle for Walking
Adjustable Reflective Oxford Easy Control Dog Harness with A Free Heavy Duty 5ft Dog Leash
Including Multicolored LED Fiber Optics (USB Rechargeable, Adjustable, Lightweight, Rainproof)
Adjustable Pet Reflective Vest Dog Walking Harness with D-Ring Buckle and Handle
Top 10 Best Harness for German Shepherds Reviews
Rabbitgoo No-Pull Dog Harness
First on our list is the no-pull pet harness by Rabbitgoo. Many users have said that their dogs feel more comfortable in this harness than any others used in the same price range.
It is made with breathable air mesh with a soft padded cotton cushion, making it really comfortable. For us, the Rabbitgoo Dog Harness is the best harness for German Shepherds.
- Has a wide variety of sizes and colors
- The soft padded cotton cushion is very gentle on the skin of your dog.
- Has two fast-release buckles making it easy to put on take off.
- The harness sometimes comes open if there is too much pressure in it.
Auroth Tactical Dog Training Harness
The harness from Auroth is very popular. It comes in different shapes and sizes and comes in a desert camo print to make your dog appear strong and sturdy.
There are four straps in the harness. Two go over the shoulder and two around the chest. Users who use this harness have said they are satisfied with the product, and some even claim this as the best harness for German Shepherd dogs.
There are two separate leash attachments to better control the dog.
- Made with 900D Nylon, so very durable.
- Two separate leashes, suitable for both no-pull control and a casual walk.
- Can connect a small pouch to keep a small dog bowl or a water bottle.
- Nylon stays wet for a long time.
- No variety of color choice for aesthetic pleasure
RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness
This harness by RUFFWEAR is also famous among many dog owners. It has durable shell fabric, reinforced webbing loop, which makes it really comfortable for the dog. The reflective material also helps you spot your dog from far away.
- Comfortable for long term use.
- Has tag storage to include contact information about you and the dog in case it gets lost and needs identification.
- The straps sometimes come loose, and the dog easily comes out of the harness.
- The straps themselves are vulnerable to rip and tear.
ICEFANG Tactical Dog Harness
This is a fantastic dog harness by ICEFANG that has quite the appealing features. It has two metal buckles compared to one buckle a standard harness has.
This extra buckle allows you to have better control of the lead, especially for a bigger dog. The harness is specifically designed for bigger dogs.
- Very good at controlling bigger, more energetic dogs.
- Extremely durable
- Does not come in sizes suitable for smaller dogs.
BARKBAY No-Pull Dog Harness
BARKBAY is a very well-known harness brand. Its no-pull reflective dog harness is quite admired among the users. This is made of lightweight No Rip Nylon and Anti-Chafe Padding, making this good for walking, jogging, hiking, and all other outdoor activities.
- The reflective material really makes it easy to spot at night.
- Anti-chafe padding helps prevent choking and irritation of the skin when your dog pulls.
- Only for bigger dogs.
- The strap joint sometimes cracks.
WINSEE No-Pull Dog Harness
This is another great harness, but this time from WINSEE. This harness is fantastic for smaller dogs – there are many sizes for bigger ones as well. The closure type of this harness is Snap Buckle compared to the standard buckle in other harnesses. This makes it easy to strap to a leash and also easy to remove the leash.
- Good on almost all sizes and breeds of dogs.
- The leash attachments are reinforced and extremely sturdy.
- Has the best price compared to other harnesses in this list.
- Does not have comfort pads on the straps, might cause skin irritation.
TobeDRI No Pull Dog Harness
This leash by TobeDRI comes with a leash of its own, so you can save your money by not buying a separate leash. It is made with nylon webbing, enhanced high-density oxford nylon, and breathable mesh lining. The metal attachments are rustproof, so it is safe to wash with water.
- Machine washable
- Very lightweight and comfortable
- The leash can sometimes tear
- Dogs with a lot of hair feel irritated in this harness
Noxgear Illuminated and Reflective Harness
This is a very advanced harness for those tech enthusiasts out there. The harness has glowing neon lights on the harness. These neon lights can glow in multiple bright colors. It feels like the whole harness is a party in itself.
- Cool lighting features
- The light can be visible from over half a mile
- Not very durable
- The leash attachment is not strong
- Heavier than most other harnesses
- Is the most expensive in this list.
Petacc Dog Harness
Petacc’s dog harness is really a suitable choice for someone who wants to buy a dog harness. The key selling feature of this no-pull harness is its reflective material in the harness.
This allows it to be seen in the dark. The rings that attach the harness and the leash are heavily reinforced.
- The leash connection and the harness are very sturdy, so no chance of your dog breaking free.
- Easy to spot even in the dark
- There is a comfortable handle that you can use to pull up your dog when it is getting irritated.
- Lesser size variations; not available for smaller dogs.
- The straps are made of oxford cloth, which can get punctured and tear apart.
Rabbitgoo Tactical Dog Harness Vest
Another harness by Rabbitgoo, but this one is specifically made with bigger dogs in mind. The harness is made with military-grade 1050D Nylon, making this extremely sturdy and does not get damaged easily. Has two leash attachment points.
The front one is for a no-pull control and the back attachment point for a casual walk.
- Made with durable material – so it lasts a long time.
- Good for medium and big dogs.
- The metal attachment points can sometimes fall apart.
- The straps can sometimes come loose.
- 1 How To Choose The Best Harness For German Shepherd Dog
- 2 Top 10 Best Harness for German Shepherds Reviews
- 2.1 Rabbitgoo No-Pull Dog Harness
- 2.2 Auroth Tactical Dog Training Harness
- 2.3 RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness
- 2.4 ICEFANG Tactical Dog Harness
- 2.5 BARKBAY No-Pull Dog Harness
- 2.6 WINSEE No-Pull Dog Harness
- 2.7 TobeDRI No Pull Dog Harness
- 2.8 Noxgear Illuminated and Reflective Harness
- 2.9 Petacc Dog Harness
- 2.10 Rabbitgoo Tactical Dog Harness Vest
- 3 Final Thoughts
These are all very popular harness choices for many German Shepherd owners, and thousands of these products are sold each year. If you are looking for a dog harness, be sure to buy one with good quality and durability.