What treats can I give my 8 week old puppy? At 8 weeks old, a puppy lacks big enough teeth to eat adult dog treats. So any treat you give them should be small enough for them to chew, ideally bite-sized for their smaller mouths to handle. The tinier pieces will also be easier to digest in their smaller stomachs.
What are the healthiest treats for puppy training?
- Zuke’s Puppy Naturals Training Dog Treats.
- Purina Puppy Chow Training Treats.
- Pup-Peroni Training Treats.
- Finley’s Turkey Soft Training Bites.
- Dingo Training Treats.
- Crazy Dog Bacon Flavor Train-Me!
- Blue Buffalo Bits.
What treats to give a puppy while training? Soft and Stinky Treats
Soft dog treats are also great for training because, compared to crunchy ones, they’re easier and faster for your dog to eat. Biscuits can be fine for one-off rewards, but during a training session, waiting for your dog to find every piece that’s crumbled to the floor is time away from teaching.
What do Golden Retriever puppies like to eat?
- Purina Pro Plan.
- Royal Canin Golden Retriever (mostly “Golden Retriever Puppy“)
- Hill’s Science Diet.
- Blue Buffalo.